Implantology is a strong speciality of the Avodent Dental Clinic.
Implantology - what is it?
Implantology is a strong speciality of the Awodent Dental Clinic. Even the lack of a single tooth causes negative changes to the occlusion and takes away self-confidence and a beautiful smile. Filling empty spaces is very important to ensure the health of neighbouring teeth, which, thanks to implants, will not wobble or move. Filling missing teeth with implants definitely increases self-confidence, restores the freedom to speak and eat and significantly improves the quality of life.At the Awodent clinic, both single tooth restorations and more complex procedures requiring bone regeneration are carried out.
Indications for implantology
• The implant procedure is performed under local anaesthesia and is completely painless.
• After the procedure, discomfort is possible, pain may occur (cold compresses and painkillers as indicated by the doctor are recommended).
• The procedure to place 1 implant takes approximately 20 - 30 minutes.
• The total treatment time depends on the number of implants to be inserted and possible additional actions e.g. bone regeneration.
• Properly placed implants are a lifelong replacement for missing teeth. They do not need to be replaced.
• For the first 2 weeks after treatment, avoid heavy physical exertion, lifting and bending
"It is worth realising that missing even a single tooth is a serious problem of both an aesthetic and health nature. Dental implants are the most modern and perfect method of replacing teeth. Implants are durable and provide excellent functional and esthetical results. It is always a great satisfaction for me when my patients get their beautiful smile and self-confidence back with the teeth restored thanks to implants."
Dr Wojciech Radwański, clinic owner
- The Awodent clinic uses the latest technology and certified materials from the world leaders in implantology:
- Straumann - founded in 1954 in Switzerland, Institut Strumann AG is now recognised as a world leader in dental implantology and periodontal tissue regeneration. The results of clinical studies cited by the producer show that the implants offered have the highest survival rate (98.8%) of all registered implant systems. With 2,300 employees, the group's products are manufactured in factories in Switzerland, Sweden and the USA and are offered in 60 countries. The Straumann Dental Implant System has been described in more than 3,000 medical publications over a period of 40 years, making it the best researched and documented system in the world.
- MegaGen - MegaGen dental implants are among the most modern in the world and are used in more than 100 countries. Their precise design guarantees safety and satisfaction for both patients and dentists. The main strengths of Megagen's products are their perfect manufacture, the highest quality of the materials used and the intelligent, clinically validated solutions for both the construction of the implant and the possibility of making aesthetic prosthetic work. All components of the implant system are subject to strict multi-stage control. MegaGen implants allow for shorter treatment times through less invasiveness. They also come with a lifetime guarantee.
- Dentsply Implants - the Belgian company Dentsply Implants is the world leader in the production of implants.Dentsply Implants is a revolutionary implant system in terms of design and clinical effects for the patient.
Call and make an appointment!
- Identify by methods of modern diagnostics the potential healing capacity of the bone tissue.
- If there are doubts about the patient's general health, the dentist will recommend laboratory tests.
- Immediately after the procedure it is advisable to apply a cold compress to the face.
- In case of any pain, it is necessary to take painkillers according to the dentist's instructions.
- You can eat or drink only after you have regained full sensation in the anaesthetised area.
- Hot foods and liquids should be avoided during the first few days after the procedure.
- For the first few days after the treatment, it is best to limit your speech.
- For the first 2 weeks after the surgery, avoid exertion, do not bend, lift or exercise.
- For the first week after the treatment, rinse your mouth with lukewarm water after every meal.
FAQ - frequently asked questions about implantology
A dental implant consists of 3 elements: a titanium screw placed inside the bone, a titanium or ceramic abutment and a prosthetic crown. Titanium is a very strong and resistant material which does not cause allergic reactions and is accepted by the human body, meaning there is no fear of rejection.
After a local anaesthetic is applied, the doctor makes an incision in the gum, gently pulls it apart and drills a hole into which the implant will be inserted. Once the implant is inserted, stitches are placed on the gum. The procedure is carried out using a special microscope, which enables the doctor to perform the implant insertion very precisely and quickly. The entire process takes approximately 20-30 minutes.
Implant treatment at the Awodent clinic consists of several stages. It begins with a comprehensive radiological diagnosis, which allows assessment of the condition of the bone tissue at the site of the planned implant. If it is deficient, an attempt is made to rebuild the bone tissue so that it is suitable for the implant. If the bone tissue is of sufficient quality, the dentist proceeds to the first stage of implant treatment. The implant placement is carried out completely painlessly under local anaesthesia. The process of the implant becoming overgrown with bone, depending on individual predisposition, usually takes between 3 and 6 months. The next stage of implant treatment is the placement of a connector on the implant, followed by prosthetic restoration. The entire implant treatment from the consultation to the final result usually takes a few months up to six months.
Implant placement is a completely painless procedure. Local anaesthesia is used during the procedure. During the procedure there may be a vibrating or spreading sensation associated with the placement of the implant.
Implant treatment allows you to regain your lost smile and your health. Professional dental implants give excellent aesthetic results - they replace the lost tooth in an ideal way, they are indistinguishable from natural teeth.Implant restoration is a long-lasting solution, improving the appearance and quality of life. Thanks to implants, we no longer need to use classic prosthetics, which significantly lowered the comfort of life. Missing teeth, apart from taking away our beauty, result in problems with biting and chewing food, and this can affect the functioning of the entire organism, including the digestive system. With implants, we can permanently replace missing teeth and enjoy a healthy smile for all the years of our lives.
Statistically around 4%, implants do not fuse with the bone. This is very rare. The reason for this may be a poor bone condition or infection. Usually within a few months the implant completely fuses with the bone and is treated by the body as an integral part of the organism. The titanium from which the implant is made does not cause any allergic reactions.
It is estimated that a titanium implant inserted into the bone is able to replace the root of a tooth for up to approximately 50 years, without having any chemical reactions with food ingredients or oral hygiene products.